Shiniko Hollow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Blue, Luca, and Twin) New House, New Friends

3 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

(Blue, Luca, and Twin) New House, New Friends - Page 4 Empty Re: (Blue, Luca, and Twin) New House, New Friends

Post by BluePawProductions Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:24 am

Aderyn noted Yoko watching the young shiniko that ran past and figured that they myst have known each other. He didn't bother to ask in case there was some issue about it on the market. Sometimes people weren't supposed to know each other, weren't supposed to associate, depending on who they served and what they did. He couldn't be sure that wasn't why Yoko was silent, so he held his tongue....Well, that, and he was internally SEETHING at being called 'kiddo' by that same shiniko. How dare he!

He went along with Gau and Yoko as they all made their way through the crowd, weaving like they were swimming upstream. It got thinner the closer they got to Tartarus, as it seemed not many approached him or kept in his presence. When they got close enough to hear, Aderyn picked up the distinctly winded shiniko voice explaining rapidly, "and there was a scuff in the the square by the river district where some lowlives tried to get their mits on it when they figured out the delivery, an' they tore up mah arm trying to get to the bag, but i went on and just plum decked them in the face an' broke their arm. But you see- Oh wait! The kid was alright by the way. He scuttled on after I got involved, so I assume he's gone home and-"

"Enough, boy," a far gruffer voice, one that sounded like the vocal cords had been damaged in the way that it scratched. He clearly had enough of the story from the flustered shiniko and Aderyn got into view just in time to see him zipping up the bag. "I don't care. You made the delivery- if only by the skin of your teeth- and it's all here. Let your dema know he can expect my need of his services again in the future."

"Yes sir!" The enthusiastic shiniko replied with a look of relief washing over his face. As he turned around to go, his eyes landed on Yoko and a welcoming smile bloomed across his face, completely forgetting to be serious and formal in any respect around Tartarus. "Ey! You're the adorable little guard from the gateway!" He seemed to be anything but shy as he approached, which surprised Aderyn. Most market shiniko were at least somewhat reserved, or at least smart enough to keep it down. He just straight up tousled the small blonde's hair and beamed, "I 'aven't seen you round anymore when I've been making my deliveries. Guess I can assume where you went, considering."

Tartarus slung the bag over his own shoulder, just the one, and at first didn't acknowledge his visitors. His eyes trailed first to the ring, as if considering something, those storming eyes brewing. Perhaps he was wondering if he should regard them at all. Eventually though, he leaned against the rail with one elbow and looked to Gau. "/You/ would only be here on business. What is it you want?" He was gruff and certainly not inviting, but it seemed he'd decided not to immediately be outright hostile, which was good...considering Gau was a light dema and Tartarus had a notorious suspicion of their motives when it involved him.
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

http://bluepawproductions.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

(Blue, Luca, and Twin) New House, New Friends - Page 4 Empty Re: (Blue, Luca, and Twin) New House, New Friends

Post by TwinTigerPaw Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:43 am

Yoko blushed and moved aside so his dema could speak with the pit lord. He blushed as he was addressed. "Y-yea, that's me. I got taken in by the dema of water and blood, Gau. That's probably why you've not seen me lately." He said.

Yoko admittedly had not worked on more 'manly' tendencies in his ten years of being a shiniko, so he would shuffle on foot and blush with embarrassment.

Oh, it always had to be the cute ones at the market. He tried so hard not to be shy but he couldn't help it.

"Good morning Tartarus. Sorry if I caught you at a busy hour." Gau said, scratching the back of his head. "I just wanted to ask you a question, and Crota's Rat told me you'd be the best person to ask." The light dema continued. Gau hoped that the demas of the market had a small hint of trust in him as he was one of the only light dema back in the day that provided protection and shelter to the young dark dema.

Perhaps he would at least have that much good rep with them. That and the money he was willing to way them for what he wanted.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

http://twintigerpaw.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:01 am

"That's good news. I'm happy for you, bud. I thought i recognized you," the shiniko beamed, brushing the mess of black hair aside from his face, "Ya' look different with just the two legs and two eyes." A soft laugh of amusement showed his good will. He either didn't notice the profuse, obvious blushing or he just assumed the little guy was a shy one. He motioned to himself and said, "I don't think we ever had time to properly meet, considering i was always running a million hours late every time i saw you. M'name's Shiloh. Nice to see you again, though you have a great reason not to come around anymore, eh?" He was glad that the little shiniko got a house and gave a lopsided smile.

Aside with the demas, Tartarus gave Gau a glance over up and down briefly as he listened. Didn't seem to be armed, he surmised. Though, being called by his name got a slightly bristly look...well, every look he had was bristly, but he was one of the few dema that neither liked to be called brother nor by his name. There was literally no winning on that front, so whatever happened was good enough. "I'm always at a busy hour. Underbellies sleep less than their sleepless cities," he replied flatly. Whether that was humor or abrupt rudeness was anyone's guess. He was an incredibly difficult man to read and it was clear why most demas and shiniko just assumed the worst when he spoke.

At the mention of a question, his eyes only slightly narrowed, as if he could somehow see through some rouse going on or read in between the yet unspoken lines. Someone always had an angle, and he was often the first to see it. "Mm, Rat, then he's lived up to his name," he half scoffed curtly. He obviously wasn't keen on having any needs or company directed towards him, but he allowed the inquiry nevertheless. "Stop beatin' the bush to death, brother. Out with it. What was so important that you were willing to come see me for it?"
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:17 am

Gau gave a sideways smile. "Ah, I see." He said and then listened before joking slightly. "But beating the bush to death is fun-" Yea Gau Shut up.

"Eheh- sorry. I came around because of the shiniko that is isolated out in the forest. I was told by Rat he's a market shiniko, but no one wants him here. I was curious why that is."

~~~~~~~~~

Yoko gave a warm smile. "They use to call me Yokai, but a friend gave me the name Yoko not long ago, so that's the name I go by. It's nice to properly meet you Shiloh."

He blushed a little and laughed. "Oh yea- I've always been in Jorōgumo form. I do look very different huh?.... Shorter too." He said with a slight chuckle.

OhgodGauyourbabby'sflirting.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:20 am

'Indeed Gau. Shut up.' Tartarus' flat countenance agreed with the dema's silent appraisal of his own situation. The humor was not a hit, despite Tartarus' reputation for indeed finding fun in beating people that crossed him to death, or within an inch of it. Huh, should have found that relatable. Wonder why it didn't hit off, Gau.

Curiously enough, he DID manage to look even less amused when Gau brought up the shiniko out in the woods. In what was was up for debate. A topic he thought he'd settled? Defensiveness? Secretive nature? Something else? Who knew. It was as unclear as it was definitely visible in his immediate agitation and distaste for the inquiry. "He's out there because I had him put there," he spoke with a deliberate firmness to his words. He started to turn to face the crowd again and it looked like he was going to leave it at that, curt, short, and inexplicably pinned on himself, but he rolled his shoulder in an annoyed way and returned his gaze to his fellow dema again.

"He attracts high level phantoms." He answered!? He seemed to be intending one thing and doing the opposite. It was no wonder people didn't openly want to deal with him in person, honestly. He even continued to half snarl, "He agitates them too. It causes a mess and it was causing problems. We didn't need him around here. Too much trouble."

That didn't explain why the boy hadn't turned or why Tartarus saw fit to get involved himself. He often left things to work themselves out and just let the cards fall where they may, but this case was different for the harsh, prickly man.

~~~

Shiloh immediately gave an amused smirk when the boy said he'd formerly been called Yokai. It would figure that the market would be so lazy as to just call him that. Shiloh was one of the luckier ones. He actually got a real name, not some number or off-handed word that meant nonsense. It was good that the boy had a proper name now. "Yoko," he tried it out, then seemed approving and agreed, "Whoever gave ya' that name was smart. It suits you."

Aderyn didn't know whether to roll his eyes, break this up, or walk away and give them some privacy while Yoko still had dignity, but he was definitely seeing this as flirting. Why?....Why did Gau leave him with TWO FLIRTING CHILDREN!?

Now...unbeknownst to Aderyn, Shiloh wasn't aware that what he was doing was, in fact, flirtatious, but he was definitely being friendly. For instance, when Yoko agreed how different he looked and that he was shorter now, he immediately had a glowing response of, "I think it's cute. You're the perfect height." He held his hand up right at hair tousling hight to show his point. Yoko literally was the perfect height for Shiloh to mess with. Oh dear. "You're fun sized," he declared, seeming to proudly think that was a very correct appraisal.

(Gau, Aderyn blames you.)

BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:42 am

Gau listened intently, staring at Tartarus with his blank dead eyes. Most of his questions were now answered. He who the when, where, and why, but not the who. He had a posable good guess though and pulled out a one thousand yen bill, offering it to Tartarus.

"I'm guessing.... That shiniko is under a market Dema's house then? There's no way he'd be surviving as a shiniko out there without a house to be under. and if he's under your house, I'd be willing to make an offer for you. I'll take him into my house and that will be one opened slot for you to get your hands on a strong fighting shiniko. I will throw you another three thousand yen as well." He stated. "But, that's only if he's your shiniko, and if you're interested in this transaction."

~~~~~~~~~~

The little shiniko looked from Shiloh to Aderyn and back. He could tell that his housemate was probably gagging himself on all this cute shit. His blush worsened as he was called cute and fun sized. That wasn't something that commonly happened and only happened with a few members of Gau's house.

Yoko didn't expect these compliments from people outside the house. It made him fell... Well, it made him feel a little fluttery. He internally begged Aderyn for forgiveness. "Ha- yea. I am." He said as he played with the button on his house training uniform. The standard white, gray, and black with the restaurant logo on the left breast.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:25 am

And there it was. Tartarus knew where this was going. Gau had a certain reputation with taking in shiniko and Tartarus had good reason to believe that he was here on a shiniko hunt. He had half a mind to turn the man down and just about did. After all, the shiniko was a problem and was better off in the woods, alone, away from any mess he could make. The closer he was to civilization, the more lives his presence would cost....Of course, what had society ever given Tartarus but constant hardship and betrayal? If Gau wanted that walking disaster, he could have him.

"He's not in my house," he informed without a single change in his demeanor at the offer of cash. It was unlike most greedy market demas. They'd be quicker to snatch it up, but that wasn't to say he wasn't interested. "My house specifically is reserved for my top fighters. I don't take in baggage or charity cases." He sharply noted the use of the word 'charity' that had slipped into his speech unintended. Charity wasn't normally in his vernacular and he was quick to smoothly and seamlessly divert from it to continue explaining, "I had an underling of mine take him. They hold stock."

With a gruff snort and a shift in weight like he was considering the proposition, or perhaps the ramifications, he easily took the offered thousand yen without sudden movements, but confident and deliberate ones. "I'll have my man release him. Don't bother sending the rest. I'd rather not have your shiniko running around my terf again." Why, as usual, was unclear, but he denied the extra payment and seemed to accept the transaction, mostly with disregard to money. With a shrug of his shoulders, he pocketed the cash and muttered, "Your funeral."

Eyes casting out with a deliberate bored but serious look, he nonverbally cued that this conversation was over. He didn't want to discuss it further, didn't want anyone digging into his motives for anything he'd just said and done in the whole situation. His visitor got what he wanted, so he expected Gau would simply leave it at that and quit while he was ahead. If he was smart, Tartarus thought, then he would do just that.

~~~

Aderyn was internally gagging, indeed. Yoko had the right idea. He could feel the giddy nervousness and embarrassment of his housemate along with the jovial good mood of the other. It was clear what was going on and he, being the cranky old Scrooge McDuckin' he was, wanted no part in this adorable, sugar-rush overload.

The motion of Yoko's hand brought Shiloh's eye down to the button, then had him glancing at the overall uniform. A quirky girl passed his features and he seemed to appraise it highly. "Well, I'll be," he practically glowed, "You've already landed yourself a job then, huh? That's a mighty nice uniform. Must be a good place. I'm guessing your dema runs it?" He didn't know of Gaus. He hardly ever left the market....ever. It was the same now as it was back when Yoko worked security. Shiloh was among the few that were never seen coming or going, only pacing the metaphorical fence.
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Gau gave a soft smile. "Thank you for your time and patients brother. Means the world to me." The dema said as the conversation met its end. He turned around and headed over to join his shiniko, reaching his huge hand up and patting Aderyn's head. Poor baby was being salty.

"Got what I needed, so I'll be getting you and Yoko home before I head back out alone. I might try to get Ves to watch you guys... I'll be out a little while." He told Aderyn first. Looking up he spotted the flirting that was happened and just watched quietly.

Yoko looked at his uniform a little and back up at Shiloh, nodding. "Yea, It's my dema's restaurant. He makes amazing classic Japanese dishes, and everything is fresh and hand cooked. And the other shiniko there said that once I'm done with my training there, I'll get my own custom uniform with colors of my choice on it." He said.

"Advertising the family business already Yoko? You're on a roll kiddo." Gau said as he walked over to see just what was up. Yoko blushed a little. "Oh, I guess I am." He said smiling.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Tartarus's face quirked for a split second, looking slightly confused or surprise. Patience? He didn't think he was. But he supposed he did show.../lenience/... perhaps. Though it might have been for the shiniko's sake. After all-

For the briefest of moments, so brief it would easily be missed by a sighted person, not to mention a blind man, his anger and gruff exterior peeled back to reveal something deeply difficult to untangle. Just as soon as it had shown itself, though, it was snapped back away before one could even blink.

"If you're so grateful, ya won't come back," He stated with a harsher edge. Whatever went through his head, good or bad, he didn't want to revisit it again.

~~~

Aderyn felt a wash of conflicting emotion emanating from the surly dema before it was promptly burred with jaded feelings of anger and frustration. Soon though, Gau's warm hand atop his head and thoughtful contemplation rested in his soul. Ah, then it was done. What Gau said after only confirmed it.

"Are you certain you want to go alone? I know you're a dema and all, but there are potential dangers..." Of course he was concerned. Aderyn was always concerned when it came to his dema.

Shiloh seemed readily interested in the restaurant and was nearly watering at the mouth with the food description. "AH, stop, you're killin' me!" he playfully and only half jokingly declared, "The food around here is like scrapings off the shoes of other restaurants." It didn't seem to bother him or get him down though, as he still brightly beamed, "It sounds like you've got a nice set up though, eh? Keep it up and i'm sure they'll keep ya on staff." He gently knocked Yoko in the shoulder in an encouraging, playing way. Well.... 'gently' in a fighter's terms. It wasn't enough to arm but definitely enough to give someone's balance a test without meaning to.

Immediately, he had the presence of a dema become apparent to him and made haste to bow his head. "Sir," he greeted respectfully. Glancing to Yoko with a grossly less easy look to him, he offered a smaller, most restrained smile and explained quickly, "Well, i better be on my way or my dema will be wondering where I'm at. Catch ya' later though, eh kid?"
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Gau smiled softly. He had only minorly cracked Tartarus. He was just a saltier version of Ves with far less moral standards. "Very well." He replied respectfully to the dema. Watching Shiloh and Yoko he gave a simple smile. "No need to be overly formal, it's alright-" He began though it looked like he had to go. "Well alright, hurry back then young one." He said.

Yoko was smiling and waving. "Okay, bye Shiloh." He said.

Gau turned his attention back to Aderyn. "I feel like a group of people going out there will probably be threatening to him. So he might try to avoid us. I figured if I just go out there and sit quietly, make chat at the walls it might make me seem less threatening. After all, you don't send a group of people to hug an abused dog." The dema said and hoped to reassure Aderyn. "I'll keep you guys on a speed dial if I need help..."

(Now you can chose if you wanna rp the group at home or what Gau does out in the maze owo)
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 am

(lol, def the maaaazeeeeeee. Because that ought to be more fun than them just camping around the house. ;D And having a private moment for Gau to figure out what the heck this history is would be interesting. )

The maze was just as it was before when Gau returned to it. Tucked into an obscure patch of woods without any indicator or civilization to be found around it. The damage of phantoms frequenting the area showed as the only real sign of life at first. Huge claw marks in the ground, snapped trees, clear signs of fights, but no phantoms to be seen. It was eerily quiet for a long stretch of woods like this, only the natural sounds of the forest. Birds, a creek, the swaying and rustling of trees overhead. As one drew closer, though, the subtle sound of wind chimes sung through the treetops, the tell-tale marker for this hiding shiniko.

The maze had changed since last Gau was there. It seemed it must have changed shape regularly, as the entrance was somewhere else, the walls were taller, and the shapes within were moved around. It was a good defense. No creature would easily be able to follow the same path twice. This shiniko must have perfected this system over many years.
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:41 am

(you got it)

"Interesting," Gau said as he walked along and made his way in. It had in fact changed. The dema walked his way through till he felt he was far enough into the maze, he'd be about dead center. Gau sat himself down and took a breath. Maybe just sitting down and listening to the forest would work? Who knows.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 pm

The sounds of birds flittering overhead merged with he chimes, as if giving a voice to the forces of nature. The nameless shiniko let these sounds soak into his ears and smiled contentedly at the warmth of the sun at his back. He could feel the passing of cool shadows and sun spots in a broken pattern over his skin as he quietly made his way through the woods. For one so large, he was extremely quiet and soft-stepped. Slipping along like a shadow, he made his way to a nearby stream. He knew the way by heart by now.

As his toes met pebbly sand and the sound of trickling water joined the sounds of the world around him, the young man stooped down with his pitcher and sunk it down until the cool water rushed around his wrists, current tugging at the vessel. That should be enough. Rising, he lugged the heavy pitcher on one shoulder, pushed the curly ginger hair out of his face, and began to make his way back. He had to be quick about it. Never knew when danger sought to find him.

He easily picked his way to the maze and entered without a moment's trouble, just tapping his finger against the wall lightly to keep track of how far along he was as he went. It hardly made a sound, but he stopped dead silent and immediately ceased what he was doing when he heard a slight rustle some ways ahead of him. Like a deer, he froze and listened. Sure enough, there were footsteps. Ever so carefully setting down his pitcher, he crept closer, listening to the disturbances in his familiar space. The footsteps made their way about halfway into the maze, then stopped, followed by what sounded like someone settling down into the dusty ground. . . shoot. Whoever it was clearly wouldn't have come there without looking for him and they were currently right in the way of him getting home. He could rearrange the maze, but then the intruder would know he was there....
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Gau was looking up into the sky, aimlessly watching the white smudges glide through the sky. After a minute he reached into his pocket and pulled out an old ocarina. The thing was ancient, but the songs played on it were still wonderful.

The dema took a breath and started playing the small instrument. The music was calm, and it seemed to marry to the sound of the trees and birds just fine. Even though this was meant to bring in the curiosity of the shiniko, Gau was enjoying this himself. It had been so long since he had gone out to just relax somewhere. Maybe he should just do this more often.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:53 am

The shiniko in question was still inching ever more quietly around the maze the closer he got through its familiar passages. He was just about to round the last corner and was working up the nerve to confront his intruder when a sudden new sound scared the blazes out of him. He stopped, rigid, as a new sound entered the space, for a moment thinking he'd given himself away or that some new weapon or power was being used. As he stayed there, though, still as a stone, the sound became more clearly music. It was a soft, pleasant tune, actually. That was....extremely unusual. He had to wonder if perhaps the intruder was taking a break after getting turned around or something.

The quiet shiniko found himself actually getting lost in the sound for a while. It was entrancing and beautiful. It had been so long since he'd heard any real music and, for a moment, it actually let him forget the danger that such a thing could mean out there. Music was played by people. People were trouble...But how could something so soft and sweet be a danger? It was easy to slip out of fear and into a disarmed state of mind, but he caught himself and shook it off in his head. No, he couldn't let his guard down.

Drawing in a steadying and even, quiet breath, he steeled himself, laid a hand on on of the swords at his side, and stepped out into the open passageway, facing directly towards the sound. The shiniko that appeared before Gau now was a well built, strong young man with a solid but somehow soft face. Fiery hair was held back into a loose, messy bun and left strands dancing in the breeze across his freckled countenance. He was dressed simply and went barefoot, but a long black blade rested at either hip. Though, much of that could have gotten lost in translation or the near blind dema.

"If you're here for trouble, I'm afraid you'll have to be disappointed. Because have no desire for it." his steady voice addressed the dema without fear in it, though the way his hand rested upon his blade certainly showed he was at least somewhat scared behind hi mask of confidence. But he continued steadily nonetheless, "If you're lost, then i can show you the way out." A more stern tone entered as he warned, "But only if you can swear to me you won't lead your men back in the same way. Do not repay my clemency with treachery."

He could only pray this would work. He only wanted to part in peace...
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:11 am

Minutes passed before a voice shot into Gau's ears. This must be the shiniko. The dema looked up a little, only seeing few details of the shiniko. "Hm? Trouble? Nah, I just came out here to enjoy the forest. Are you the one that set up the wind chimes? I love them!" Gau said, sounding cheery, and kind.

"But, I did come out here because of my shiniko, Yoko, told me about you. He said you were his friend, and I couldn't help but feel curious. I'm sorry if I'm intruding on your space." The dema started while he cleaned off his ocarina.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:35 am

The shiniko shifted his weight to the other leg a bit uneasily. This intruder claimed not to be trouble and didn't immediately launch into hostilities, but it wouldn't be the first trap that had started off pleasantly. He'd have to keep an ear out for anyone sneaking around in the passages for an ambush... and keep this person definitely on his radar the whole time.

He hesitated for a moment and tilted his head slightly as if to listen to the chimes rattling above. "I did, yeah," he answered back. He lingered a moment longer before adding, "It marks off sort of my territory. It gets quiet around here, as you can imagine... Besides, it lets me know if anything big is pushing through the area and brushing up against the trees if there's no wind out to tamper with the alarm aspect." That wasn't why he first had chimes, but it certainly was why he now had them reaching beyond just his personal space.

His wariness faltered for a split second and lifted slightly after Yoko was mentioned. This was the dema that the young one had mentioned, the new house that his little visitor had taken up residence with... He'd come back? Why? They'd already retrieved Con and taken him back to the market. As far as he knew, there weren't any other troublesome phantoms around yet.

He remembered to respond a little late, but stuttered, "Y-yeah, yeah. I helped him out on the market once. I- uh... I'm glad he stuck with the name." His pensive expression softened with a bit of a smile, as if he was truly happy and relieved for the little guy. He remembered him being small, anyway. It'd been a while since he'd met him... Well, it had been a while since he'd really had any extended conversation with anyone, as was sort of apparent by his rusty social skills.

"I...don't mean to be unwelcoming," He replied to the dema, torn between his innate personality of warmness and his self-preservative caution, "It's just... People don't visit. Intruders usually mean trouble..." He immediately tried to catch that but fumbled, "Not that- I mean- I don't meant to say that you /are/ intruding-" His hands lifted away from his blades, motioning as if trying to make his words clearer by talking with his hands. "That is to say- well- you /are/ sort of- but not...it's not your fault. It's just- well-"

An exasperated, embarrassed sigh broke the solemn and competent demeanor he was going for, but he just let it out and finally managed, "This just isn't someplace i expect people to want to come, is all... But if you're with Yoko... Well, he seemed to think you were alright. Just don't make me regret his judgement."
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:54 am

Gau listened to the shiniko try to figure out his words and gave a soft smile before laughing lightly too. "It's alright. Your behavior is justified. Anyone that comes out here is either a very angry phantom, or a very unwelcome market dema." The dema said, displaying his calm understanding.

"Yoko is a sweet child too precious for this world. I heard you had given him his name. That's a very kind act."Gau said softly.

"He's part of the reason I am out here. I wanted to ask you if you'd join out family. My house has plenty of space that you could have to yourself if you needed alone time. Yoko would be there too to be a familiar face." He offered "I understand that you might not be interested, but I had seen the market... The stalk dema- gosh why do they call em that? The dema Tartarus put you under would be ordered to release you..... If you say no at least allow me to take you in so you don't become corrupted." Gau said. He felt a flutter of worry suddenly.

Crap, he didn't know when the release had or would have happened. It could have ben the second he left the market, could have been now, or days later. He felt worried and guilt. He wanted the shiniko to have the choice. Every shiniko deserved the chance to chose the life they wanted.

TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:43 am

The shiniko anxiously ran his hand through his bangs a few times, but then settled for fingering the bells around his neck quietly. He felt flutters of nerves from his fumbling about. It had always been that way on the market too, ever since he first was a shiniko, so he figured it was just something he had from life. Talking to people, especially new people, was just sort of difficult and flustering in a way, though he usually had a good way of just seeming calm enough about it. He wasn't one to flip out like some did.

He nodded slightly when the dema mentioned phantom and unwelcome demas coming around. Shiniko usually did, but an odd dema here and there did make their way after him. It was usually harder to avoid them and he never tried to fight them head-on. But yes, they did come... A lot of people would have preferred if he wasn't around, even way out there.

When the dema brought up Yoko again and spoke highly of the situation, he softly smiled a little to himself, face turning slightly to the ground as if flustered or shy. "They were just calling him Yokai," he explained in a quiet but kind tone, like he was remembering something fondly, "It seemed kinda' heartless just to call a kid 'demon,' specially a sweet one." In a way, that was his way of saying that it really was no problem and it was the least he could do, though he didn't want to seem dismissive.

It was then that the visitor brought up something that entirely threw this shiniko for a loop. He started speaking and the young man lifted his head curiously, attention focused on his words as he began. Even working through it, the invitation to come stay with him was so unexpected that it took several times of running that through his head before he decided that he hadn't misheard him and had to play catch-up with the rest of what was being said.  Market dema- Tartarus- released- Yes, yes. He was following but-

"B-but..." his hand slightly shifted from fingering the bells around his neck to clutching them uneasily. He had a demeanor about him that didn't give much away. Out of habit or out of training, he didn't shift a lot in body posture, but the small tell-tales and changes in his voice spoke of what he was thinking or feeling.

A house? A home? It- it hadn't ever been really an actual option before...at least not for a long, long while, and not genuinely even then. No one wanted him... He was- he was troublesome, a burden. He was...quite literally cursed in a way. Why would this dema want him, of all people? Why go out of his way? There were so many other, better choices, surely.... But.... what would it be like to life in home...a real one? A roof over his head, food in his stomach regularly, a good shower, the absolutely blessed kiss of a heater in winter...and people... Maybe even nice people... It was a lot to take in. It was something he never thought he'd have the option of in his lifetime. He'd made peace with just dying out in the woods someday when he couldn't fend off a phantom or something. He knew it was better for everyone... And yet, he did want that other life that he'd pushed out of his mind what seemed like forever ago.

"That's....very kind," He carefully stated, the nervousness showing heavily in his voice, actually a hint of fear creeping up. He didn't know what to expect if he told the dema this but he felt he had to. So he proceeded, "But... I'm not really...safe. I have to be out here because I-... well, i draw in dangerous phantoms. It's just part of my powers and... there's not a way to stop it. I can't ask you to take that risk..." His voice got quieter before he muttered gently, "Even if it would be nice, it's better for everyone if I stay away."
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 am

Gau blinked and tilted his head to one side while he listened. "I don't think your powers should dictate the way you live. Sure, you attracted some unwelcome creatures but it's not the worst I have dealt with. I know you're not a bad kid, and though I'm half blind. I saw the way you protected Yoko, and how you got him back to me safely." The dema said.

"I use to live alone too... For a long time and one day I finally took in a shiniko. It wasn't until after feeding him and comforting after what he went though that I had been lonely. Starving for companions and family. I only want to offer my hand to another who would thrive in the company of family." Gau added in. It was a true fact that after Calypso died, Gau spent many years alone, hardly even talking to Ves even.

Gau loved shiniko because of that first little shiniko he helped. "Besides, I have the little spitfire Tex living with me. He has a habit of spontaneously combusting. Got one side of my face burnt badly trying to help save him from one of his episodes. If I can handle some wildfire, I can chase off a few ugly phantoms too." He said with a smile. "If you like, I can let you think about it, and I can just come back tomorrow to get your answer." He added.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:45 pm

The shiniko got a small grin when the dema started talking about what he saw him do for Yoko, though that made him a little embarrassed and he tilted his face away towards the ground bashfully. "I'm sure people would be surprised what you can see when you're blind," he said, as if encouraging the dema.

His slight smile faded when Gau went on then to explain that he had lived alone for a long while, obviously resonating with the somber tone taken. He was a compassionate shiniko and felt for the pains of others. He didn't want anyone to suffer or go through hardship. He'd always been that way and hadn't lost that in himself, despite everything that he'd been through himself and despite how long he lived alone out there without real contact from people. His hand lifted as if to set it comfortingly on the dema's shoulder, but it nervously flitted and then he found himself handling the bells on his neck again. That seemed to be his go-to for when he didn't know what to do with his hands. He remained silent.

As the conversation moved along and the dema began explaining this Tex of his, the young man seemed keen to listen and hear him out. Was it true that this dema had taken in such a child? Even despite the risk? He'd never heard of someone doing that before... This was clearly a different situation...maybe a unique opportunity. He didn't know, still weary, but...Well, he felt selfish for it, but he wanted to take that chance, if even just for a while. He was deep in anxious thought and struggling with the decision, especially since the back of his mind was still screaming at him that this wasn't true and that this was ultimately an elaborate trick. It was only when dema seemed to start backing out of the idea, offering to leave and come back tomorrow, that it got an alert response from him. If he left, there was no guarantee that he'd really come back, after all.

"U-uhm-" He started quickly, as if to stop Gau from turning and leaving right that moment, only to trail off silent for a moment, biting his lip slightly and seeming to have to take a few seconds to collect his thoughts. "I-..." This was selfish "If I'm without a house...I could turn without one." He should stop before this went too far. "S-so... If it wouldn't be too much trouble...." It was. "Perhaps I could just... go back with you and...check it out for myself?" That was. Too. Much. To ask. "A-and...as far as who's house I'm technically under, it doesn't make a difference to me. So, I'd appreciate the protection, if you don't mind..." This was wrong.
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Gau took not of the touch. He was making progress. It was working. He listened to the shiniko intently and gave a soft smile. Poor thing was worried but he could tell the bug was planted.

"Tell you what, I'll give you a week, plenty of time to decide on if you like it or not. If you don't you can come back here, but I'll keep you under my house so you'll be alright out here." He offered. "I did the same for many of my other shiniko who were not sure." He added in.

"My name is Gau, I'm the dema of water and blood, but many say I should be the dema of food." He said with a soft laugh.
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:04 pm

The shiniko listened carefully and weighed the offer in his head. A week sounded fair...and not too long, so long as he wasn't stuck there for some reason. It did leave time for there to be trouble, but it wasn't a guarantee. Plus, it would be really, really nice to get out of the woods for a few days. Sort of like a vacation, in a way. He kinda' felt bad for using the dema like that, but he knew he shouldn't. Honestly, after everything that had happened and how they all behaved, he should have been ready to take advantage of any of them, but he still felt too bad to really do it with a clean conscience.

"That...sounds nice," He finally agreed, giving a nervous but sweet, soft smile, "I'll try to stay out of your way," he promised quietly, knowing he had an awful habit of finding the worst in people. Something about him just brought it out, he supposed. If he stayed out of the dema's way though, maybe he'd be alright, if only for a week. He'd just have to keep an extra close guard up in case something went wrong or this was somehow a trap.

When the dema introduced himself, he gave a respectful bow like a servant would and acknowledged with a polite, "Sir." He was well trained by someone. The shiniko didn't introduce himself. As his visitor finished and the joke was offered, he didn't exactly get it, but gave a sweet laugh out of politeness anyway.

Fidgeting with his bells just a moment longer, he then held out his hand and gently said, "Pleasure to meet you, sir."
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinTigerPaw Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Gau smiled and nodded. "Well then, we'll give it a week. You won't have to hide away all the time, feel free to come join the family for meals. We'll let you pick out your own room too." The dema said as he got himself up and listened to the shiniko.

"It's very nice to meet you too. Do you have a name?" He asked as he dusted dead leaves and grass off his butt and then took the polite little nugget. The familiar feeling of memory's flooding Gau's brain came through, but no visions came, only sounds, voices. Gau was a little stunned. He had never taken in a shiniko before that did this.... Was.... Was this one blind? Oh shit, what was he suppose to do, the memories where what Gau would use to help his shiniko. This was gonna be hard!
TwinTigerPaw
TwinTigerPaw
Admin Angry Bitch
Admin Angry Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by BluePawProductions Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 am

The boy nodded and again breathed a quiet, "Thank you." The dema as being awful fair, which made him nervous. He wanted to see the best in people. He really did, but it was hard after all this time. He'd try his best to give this week his best, though. If the worst did happen...well, at least it'd be in a time when he hadn't given up all hope in people.

When asked if he had a name, he gently shook his head and answered, "No, sir. I've never received name nor number." He seemed very calm and accepting of this fact, clarifying, "They usually knew who they were referring to, so it wasn't necessary."

He had nothing left to say on the matter and soon he felt the wash of a dema's presence roll over him. He knew his memories would hit the dema hard, in a confusing mess. Most were disoriented and unhappy when they next spoke, so he quietly waited for Gau to do whatever it was he was going to do as the memories flowed into him.

The memories that hit were unclear. Usually they did hit fast and blur by, but this was a whole new level of intensity. It was, in a way, terrifying, because there was only sound. Deprived of touch and emotion in shiniko memories, the loss of sight left only auditory memory, and it wasn't a quiet one. Screaming, overwhelming chatter, crowds, whispers, crashing, in a whirr from one ear to another, cranked up loud and blasted, roaring like a train in the dark, his memories were a tornado in the dead of night. Blacker than black and such an unsorted mix of disoriented, disjointed situations that piecing it together would be a near impossible task. It was like an assault of fragments to which there was no puzzle piece that fit, no decoding key, all thrown like shrapnel into the dema's mind at once. It was clear that life had not been easy and that there was a lot of hardship, but where life ended and afterlife began was lost. Everything was full throttle all the time practically, until silence. Woodland sounds. Chimes. A phantom screech! Battle cries! ROARS!!! Running water. Curses! Clashing metal! DEATH SCREAMS!!! Wind... The rustle through the trees... In and out, like that, endlessly, sporadically, for what were years, intense solitude and bursts of violence. Then it ended, cut off, without any warning, leaving Gau in the modern moment.
BluePawProductions
BluePawProductions
Mama Hypocrite Queen
Mama Hypocrite Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next